Guests, Owners and Staff
to Edgewater Inn
As we welcome guests, owners and staff back to Charlevoix’s Edgewater Inn, we are committed to providing a safe environment that aligns with expert guidelines and protocols, aimed at defeating COVID-19.
The Edgewater Inn takes standards for hygiene and cleanliness seriously. We have traditionally used cleaning products and protocols that are effective against a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19. Our goal: minimize risk and enhance safety for our guests, owners and staff.
Preparedness Protocols for PUBLIC SPACES
- To help alleviate the risk of COVID-19 through person-to-person contact, Edgewater Inn has posted signage reminding guests, owners and staff to maintain six feet of social distancing and to follow proper hand washing protocols.
- Edgewater Inn has installed hand sanitizing stations throughout the hotel.
- Cleaning in public spaces will be done with increased frequency, with an emphasis on high-touch surfaces including front desk check-in counters, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, vending and ice machines, stair handrails, and seating areas.
- Room key cards will be disinfected daily.
- Employees will be required to wear a mask in public spaces. For everyone’s safety, we ask that all visitors wear a mask while in public spaces within the hotel.
- Employees are required to fill out daily health screening questionnaires.
- Edgewater Inn will continue mandatory training on COVID-19 awareness, including training staff on proper health etiquette, social distancing and personal hygiene.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are available at every employee work station.
Preparedness Closures for COMMON PUBLIC SPACES
- Due to COVID-19 safety regulations, common public spaces will be closed for the autumn and winter seasons, with reopening tentatively planned for spring 2021.
- Temporarily closed common public spaces include the indoor/outdoor swimming pool, sauna, hot tub and fitness room.
Preparedness Protocols for GUEST ROOMS
- Edgewater Inn has enhanced its detailed cleaning practices requiring surfaces to be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected with products effective against broad spectrum viruses including COVID-19.
- All television remote control units have been covered with a washable sleeve, to be replaced as necessary.
- While stay-over room cleanings will be suspended at this time, cleanings between guest stays will include enhanced cleaning protocols with extra caution taken for high-touch points like television controls, door handles, light switches, chairs, faucets, lamps, and flat surfaces.
For more information about the Edgewater Inn preparedness and response efforts, call 800-748-0424.
TOGETHER, we will keep Charlevoix BEAUTIFUL and HEALTHY.